Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reflection/Update

Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since I blogged but I promise I have still been running I just have been busy with school and sorta forgot I had a blog for a while, but now I'm back!
This week I ran 3 times (only a mile each time, I was being lazy), and went on 2 walks with my dad and rode my bike once. I was also going to do weight lifting this week but I got distracted by a videogame and forgot about it, so I will try for this week :) I also want to get back up to two mile runs this week, and hopefully get up to three miles within the next couple weeks.
Hey guess what everyone, I've been at this whole running thing for a whole month and I haven't quit yet! It's very exciting because I don't think I've ever stuck with a work out program or anything for longer than two weeks (except for when I did Tae-Kwon-Do as a kid but that was forever ago), and guess what else, I love it! I always hated running because it kills me and I've never been good at it. For instance the first time I went running in February I could only go half a mile and I almost died. But now I can run two whole miles! And I still feel a little like I'm going to die when I do it, but that's okay because I can do TWO miles. I never thought I'd even be able to run a mile straight in my life, but now I've decided I'm going to be able to do six. So that will be fun.
I wish I had started this whole running thing years ago because it's super good for me (who knew right?). Before I started running my heart kept freaking out and I'd get winded just walking up the stairs. But now my heart practically never freaks out and I can climb those stairs like a boss. As an added bonus I've lost around 6 pounds, yay!
So that is why I'm so happy that my awesome friend CowboyChaser got me to start running and keeps me motivated with her awesomeness :)
In other news, here is my pinterest picture of the day:
I need this shirt so I remember this next time I think I'm about to die while I'm running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment