Monday, February 6, 2012

Sore

So it turns out, it's cool to be sore. Because when you are sore that means you did something to make you sore, which means you are building your muscles, which is cool. My logic is undeniable yes? Okay now hold that thought:
On Saturday, my friend had a birthday party. And she had this most fabulous idea to have her party at a playground, so we could be 12 for a day. Thus, at about 3:30 on Saturday afternoon I found myself running around a jungle gym being chased around by kids between the ages of 6 and 21. After about an hour and a half of running around, climbing things, swinging, jumping, and engaging in all manner of frolicking and frivolity, I was pretty much tuckered out. And two days later my muscles still ache, which is awesome, because as we have just established, being sore is cool. Overall it was pretty much the coolest idea for a birthday party ever, because not only was it super fun, but it was a great work out. I should definitely run around a playground more often.
On a separate and completely unrelated note: it is a very bad idea to try to go running uphill at night right after you go to a movie during which you drank a bunch of sprite. It doesn't work out too well. Just so you know :) My advice: run before the movie and skip the sprite.

2 comments:

  1. My arms still hurt from Saturday, and I can't even figure out what I did to work them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, maybe it was climbing up the ladders? I'm not entirely sure why my arms are sore either :P

    ReplyDelete